The new Regulations for supported accommodation require the registered person to undertake regular reviews of their supported accommodation service. The review should explore:
- the experiences of young people living in the each of the provider’s settings
- the impact the support is having on outcomes and improvements for young people.
The National Children’s Bureau (NCB), as the Department for Education’s appointed provider of the Sector Awareness and Provider Preparedness Programme for supported accommodation, is running a workshop to help providers to effectively review the service that they are offering and the impact on the experiences and outcomes of young people.
Attendees will consider how to consider feedback and evidence from their provision as well as relevant research, and how they can undertake analysis of this information.
The workshop will also offer an opportunity to consider how to identify follow-up actions based on the review and how to ensure that the review offers a tool for continuous improvement of the supported accommodation service.
The workshop will look at challenges, questions raised and ways forward to provide an opportunity for learning and sharing of practice between providers.
The aims for the workshops are:
- To remind providers of their responsibility to deliver a quality of support review as set out in the Regulations, what this entails and the purpose of the review.
- To offer providers the opportunity to reflect on their current approach to service reviews and to discuss approaches and good practice with other providers.
- Providers have increased confidence in undertaking reviews that meet regulatory requirements and are a helpful tool for continuous service improvement.
Please note that spaces will be limited to 50 people per session to maximize opportunity for discussion and learning. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
Please note that this event has now SOLD OUT. We will update this page if more tickets become available. Please join our online community of practice forum for providers to be notified about future events.
Please note that this will be the same session and you do not need to sign up to both.